Symantec recently released version 4.5 of their Data Insight product. In a nutshell, Symantec Data Insight allows an organization to:
- Identify who works with and owns their data
- Understand what unstructured data they have
- Maintain regulatory compliance for information access, use and retention
- Ensure information is protected from exposure to unauthorized individuals
- Review permissions on data and suggest changes
- Self-service portal allows data owners to remediate incidents directly without necessarily involving IT.
- Reporting enhancements
- Deep integration with Symantec Enterprise Vault and Symantec Data Loss Prevention
- Data Insight can infer ownership of a file and then add that intelligence to Symantec DLP
- Allows you to utilise Symantec EV’s file archiving and retention management capabilities when remediating incidents
To sum it all up, if you need to reduce the effort you spend on securing your data, enhance your data protection levels as well as achieve / prove compliance then Symantec Data Insight will go a long way to assist you in achieving those goals.